WOW, things have been busy at the bakery and we haven’t had a chance to post to our blog … we have redesigned our website and updated our blog …. for past postings click HERE.
We are starting our first post on the new blog with our COOKIE CARNIVAL entry for June. Betty Crocker’s Lemon Tea Cookies ~ well we thought key lime would work just as well as lemon ~ and boy did they taste tangy.
- In large bowl, beat butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in flour until dough forms. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press thumb into center of each ball to make indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat all filling ingredients over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Fill each thumbprint with rounded 1/4 measuring teaspoon filling. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon powdered sugar over cookies.